Cajun Zoodles With Shrimp And Sausage
Zoodles with Shrimps ans sausage a great summer dish, not too heavy, very tasty and healthy as well! Put them on top of a bed of salad and you have a great Lunch or Dinner!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 sliced andouille chicken sausage
- 4 oz (110 grams) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp (20 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (240 grams) diced tomatoes, undrainded
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (8 grams) tomato paste
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp (5 grams) garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- parsley for garnish
- Spiralize zucchini using a spiralizer.
- Place your zucchini noodles in a colander (set over a large bowl) and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Toss to coat and let stand so the noodles can release some water.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. Add in the Cajun seasoning and garlic and cook until garlic is golden brown and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the sliced pepper, onion, and celery, and cook until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to medium, and add in the sliced chicken sausage. Cook until the sausage is slightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, and bay leaves. Stir until the tomato sauce has broken down into the sauce. Raise the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat back to medium and let simmer, uncovered, until the sauce has thickened and reduced by about half, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp, cover the pan, and cook until the shrimp is opaque, about 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze out as much moisture from the zucchini noodles as you can, and then pat dry on a paper towel.
- Divide the zucchini noodles between two bowls, then divide the stew on top of them. Garnish with fresh parsley, and devour.
Serving size: 1 bowl
Recipe yields: 2 bowls
Fat: 15 g (1/23 ounces)
Carbs: 18 g (0.63 ounces)
Protein: 22 g (0.78 ounces)