Deviled Eggs are one of my favorite starters, they are easy to make and delicious. They do well as side dish too!
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup (240 grams) Mayonnaise
- 2.5 tbsp (40 grams) Mustard (Dijon is best)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- Place eggs in a single layer in a sauce pan and cover with enough water so there’s about an inch of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover and turn the heat to low. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water for 1 minute.
- Crack egg shells and peel under cool running water. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Scoop the yolk mixture into the egg whites, sprinkle with paprika, and enjoy!