Obatzda – Bavarian Cheese
As you might know, I am born in Bavaria. Bavaria has many local dishes which are low-bar without any modification of the recipe. Obatzda is a Camembert based dish which is absolutely delicious! Give it a try, you will love it!
- 500 g (17.64 ounces) ripe Camembert
- 40 g (1.41 ounces) soft butter
- 200 g (7.05 ounces) cream cheese
- 80 g (2.82 ounces) finely chopped onions
- Salt, pepper
- 2 tsp (5 grams) of chopped chives
- 60 g (2.12 ounces) finely sliced onion rings
- 8 tsp (40 ml) of beer to taste (the stronger the taste, the better)
- Radishes (optional)
Mash the Camembert with a fork and add the butter, cream cheese and onions. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and caraway to taste. Add beer gradually and stir.
Spoon a portion of Obatzda onto each plate and garnish with onion rings, chives and caraway. Serve preferably with radishes.